- How to identify a viable cold case
- What to look for in a cold case
- Introducing new forensics
- Introducing yourself to the victim's family
- How DNA evidence should be viewed
- The witness interview process years after the crime
- How to reintroduce a photo lineup
- Meeting with the original detectives if available
- Examining detective notes and evidence
- Examining mistakes that may have been made
- Cold case review
The course cancellation policy requires a minimum of a 15-day prior notice from the course start date when a student will not be attending the course. The notification to not attend will be made by email through our website, and if they identify no replacement student, cancellations with less than 15-days notice will cause a department credit that can be used towards another future training event within one year from the original course date. We will charge no-shows without email notification the full course fee, even if the payment has not already been made. We offer a one-year future course credit as well for any no-show that is charged a full course fee. This policy is in effect as of June 23, 2021, and you as a representative of your agency agree to abide by this policy by registering for any course. Please contact us by email or phone if you have questions about this cancellation policy. This policy is in place because of students that register for courses and take training slots without attending training, which removes the opportunity for another officer to attend. We pay the instructors teaching these programs based on the number of officers scheduled to attend the event, and we base our travel cost including instructor pay on registration fees. This policy is considered a binding contract between BSTS LLC and the student or student agency or company.
There are no reviews yet.